THE TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Identity and contact information: We may ask you for personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, payment information, etc. We may do this when you:
- Make a purchase through our online store
- Create a user account on our website
- Respond to communications such as email
- Services that require registration such as requests to be included in our mailing list.
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Predict your preferences as you surf our site
We may use “cookies” to gather information about your visits to our website and to enhance your experience. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or other devices. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively referred to as “Cookies”). Cookies are used to enhance your shopping experience by speeding up the browsing experience and website performance. Cookies are also used to personalize your experience while surfing our platform and remembering your information when you return to stylemepurple.com. You can turn off all cookies in case you prefer not to receive them. You also can have your devices warn you whenever cookies are being used. For both options you must adjust your browser settings. Please note that when you have set your computer or other devices to reject cookies, it can limit the functionality of the website you visit and it’s possible that you do not have access to some of the features on the website.
We may collect “click stream” data (e.g. server address, domain name, etc.) and demographic or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to better understand our audience. This information may be combined with information you have provided to us thereby enabling us to enhance your experience.
Use of your personal information
- Provide products and services to you (e.g. to process and ship your online order).
- Share promotional emails. If you wish to be removed from this email list, then please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email you have received from us.
- Detect fraud.
- Comply with our legal obligations, including verifying your identity where necessary.
- Enable you to participate in promotions, competitions, and surveys.
- Improve our website, products, and services
- Recommend and advertise products or services which may be of interest to you.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide targeted advertisements or help you see and access the products we believe may interest you. We do this by using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges and a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Security of Information
The security of the information you provide to us is protected by various security measures we have implemented. Your personal information is maintained through secure networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights and are required to keep the information confidential. Notwithstanding SMP’s efforts, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure and such transmission is at your own risk.
Third Party Websites
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Your Legal Rights
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including:
- The right to request access,
- The right to correct your information with us
- Erasure of your personal data,
- Object to or restrict processing of your personal data,
- Unsubscribe from our emails and newsletters.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to you or a third party